Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
As a venture capital organization, our Investments, Economic Development, or Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns within the city of Tulsa. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and economic development programming—all with a strong lens towards diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hardworking entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about venture capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
Who You Are:
As our ideal Atentern, you are driven, hard-working, and ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace that embraces all things tech to its core. You will be a key driver of your team’s success, whether you are placed on Atento’s Investments, Economic Development, or Operations teams or directly with portfolio companies. You are committed to the Atento philosophy and are eager to communicate with all of the stakeholders in our community.
You will support our vision of having the greatest positive impact with the capital we allocate through unique ideas and/or through a personal project you’re passionate about. And, it goes without saying, you are intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic. You pride yourself on your interpersonal skills and love being a sponge to knowledge. Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no task is too large or too small. You must be ready to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a mix of structure and ambiguity.
The Nuts and Bolts:
Summer 2022 Logistics:
- Time Frame: 10-12 weeks (Late May - Early August)
- Housing: Having a tight-knit culture is important to us so we provide dorm-style housing at a local university for any non-local Atenterns.
- Social Events: Engaging with the Tulsa community and with each other is critical to the work we do. Past favorite events include Tulsa Tough and Tulsa Night Crawls.
- Daily Work: Based on experience and your preference, you will be placed either at Atento on our Investments, Economic Development or Operations teams or directly with one of our portfolio companies.
- Training: We believe in education to build a strong foundation. Atenterns will have weekly venture training sessions, lunch sessions with Tulsa economic development and philanthropic leaders, and access to GoingVC.
- $15/hr for current college students
- $20/hr for young professionals with BA or equivalent
Our Ideal Atentern:
- Stays up at night thinking about democratizing access to venture capital
- Believes there needs to be more economic opportunity and startups between the coasts
- Cares deeply about creating upward mobility for traditionally under-invested groups while still providing above-market financial returns
- Possesses high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
- Is insatiably curious, fiercely collaborative, and comfortable working in ambiguity
- Undergraduate student or recent graduate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite (Slack and Canva are a plus)
- Passion for Atento’s mission of investing in diverse and inclusive job creation opportunities
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Team player and able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a good attitude
- Lives in or willing to relocate to Tulsa, OK for the full Atenternship session
Grow with Atento. Our Promise to You:
- You will gain expertise in venture capital investments, entrepreneurial development, and business management/operations.
- You will learn from and be mentored by both successful entrepreneurs and investors.
- We’re flexible, and we want you to be flexible, in both schedule and work style. We value in-person collaboration as much as possible. However, in a post-COVID world, we value safety above all else, and structure office spaces and schedules accordingly.
- You will be exposed to economic development and philanthropic work.
- And, of course, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.
Quotes from Our Past Atenterns:
“Being at Atento changed my life!”
“Atento Capital allows me to bring my full self to work every day, and I always know that I’m adding real value to multiple branches of the company.”
“Atento offers you lots of freedom to take initiative and pursue the work that is most interesting to you. It’s so different from a traditional corporate setting in the best way! ”
“They not only are genuinely invested in my personal and professional growth, but they also are the best kind of people. No one else matches their conviction that we don’t rise unless we rise together.”
Atento COVID-19 Policy:
Atento requires all employees entering all Atento offices, traveling on behalf of Atento or participating in any in-person interaction on behalf of Atento to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This vaccine requirement is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act exceptions.