Title: Project Specialist
Reporting to: Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Integrator
Location: Tulsa, Oklahoma
Who you are:
As a highly motivated Project Specialist, you'll lead the delivery of a new, multi-day entrepreneurial accelerator to activate local entrepreneurs and understand talent migration in Tulsa. This people-centered accelerator will host 250 participants and multi-stakeholders, including a family foundation, venture capital firm, leading academic institutions, and entities offering marketing, logistics, and facilitation support.
You’ll organize, manage, and plan this complex project with a lead time of 4 months and then month-to-month post-project follows up. As an innovative Project Specialist, you should have experience in data collection and candidate management, advanced project management and budgeting, stakeholder management, reporting, and events logistics. In addition, you have a deep passion for Tulsa, Oklahoma, understand the landscape, and can operate with professional discretion and confidentiality. This role comes with exposure to crucial entrepreneurship organizations and leadership, with the exposure to deepen relationships in this space and explore future opportunities.
As the Project Specialist:
- You'll create detailed project plans with associated task lists and drive all stakeholders to project completion
- You'll prepare & implement a budget based on estimates with local vendors, conduct cost analysis, and estimate expected costs for the project
- You'll coordinate stakeholder management between academic institutions, a family foundation, entrepreneurs, remote worker organizations, and venture capital firm
- You'll act as a liaison between all stakeholders and vendors
- You'll schedule and support steering committee meetings and other cadences
- You'll identify and report risks, issues, and dependencies; provide recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate)
- You'll address questions, concerns, and complaints throughout the project
- You'll communicate and collaborate with sales and marketing teams to provide training and information required to promote and sell new projects, programs, and systems
- You'll manage logistics and event planning for a multi-day study for ~250 people (venue, catering, transport, materials)
- You’ll oversee material generation, including application forms, uniform pitch deck, and surveys
- You’ll ensure compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices
- You'll manage events set up and tear down
- You'll provide candidate management, including overseeing the application process, selection process, on-site management, and post-study follow-ups
- You’ll coordinate data collection and analysis of participants’ information through dedicated websites and online surveys (Qualtrics), post-study research, contributors, and publication process
As our Ideal Project Specialist, you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree in a related field, which may include Marketing, Business, or Engineering
- Have 2+ years of experience in business management, consulting, or entrepreneurial accelerators
- Are PMP, PgMP, CAPM, or certified in a comparable project management certification
- Are a dynamic person with the ability to deliver in a wide range of settings with a focus on time management and meeting deadlines
- Bring stakeholder management skills, including meeting facilitation, detailed note-taking, task list, and milestone management
- Understand the basic entrepreneurial process from ideation to MVP
- Have previous exposure to multi-channel marketing campaigns and PR
- Can collect and manage intricate data sets, including surveys, analytics, budgets, and financials
- Bring excellent verbal and written communication, organization, attention to detail, and interpersonal skills
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills, including task prioritization and delegation
- Are proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Qualtrics
What We Offer:
- Competitive compensation of $10,000 per month (expected contract duration is 6-8 months)
Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
As a venture capital organization, we work closely to drive growth and returns within Tulsa. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and economic development programming—all with a strong lens toward diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hard-working entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working with a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you'll drive revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.