Atento is accepting applications from upper classman undergraduate students (or recently graduated) regardless of area of study, however, this role will likely be of highest value to students seeking future engagement such fields as investment banking, private equity, or finance. To express interest in the role detailed below, please submit both a resume and a cover letter in one file.
We have multiple sessions available throughout 2022.
· Current session 2: September through November
The Private Equity Investment Atentern will play a key role in Atento’s middle market operation. This is a hands-on Atenternship (internship) with real impact starting on day one! Atenterns will have a high degree of responsibility, develop meaningful skills applicable in future careers across finance, including in investment banking, private equity, and public investing; you will work with each other and with Atento’s investment strategy leads. Responsibilities and opportunities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Conduct due diligence, financial analysis, and valuation of potential target companies
· Identify and evaluate potential industries for investment in the context of Atento’s key investment criteria. You will have the freedom to develop a theses with guidance from the fund.
· Present your investment theses and influence the direction of Atento’s middle market strategy moving forward
· Using investment theses previously generated, you will identify strong, potential acquisition targets, and evaluate them in the context of Atento’s investment criteria.
· Assist in creating personalized outreach to potential acquisition targets
Through this role, we expect our Atenterns to
· Develop deeper a deeper understanding of private market transaction dynamics. You will learn about the operations and workings of the private equity markets and related participants, including sell-side investment banks, private equity funds, strategic buyers, and search funds
· Learn how Merger and acquisition transactions are completed in practice, understand the process from first outreach through completed transaction
· Develop their sense and analysis of which companies are particularly strong fits for private equity buyouts and why
· Have opportunities to hear from/ask questions of professionals across the investment world and beyond. Potential engagements include professionals in private equity, venture capital, startup founders, early startup employees, CEOs and more.
· Receive direct help and advice on finance recruiting, resume reviews and more!
· $15/hr for high school graduates
· $18/hr for those currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
· $22/hr for young professionals with BA or equivalent
· $27/hr for those currently enrolled in a Master's program
· $750/mo housing stipend for all candidates
As our ideal Atentern you:
· Have a passion and curiosity for finance and investing and you’re always ready to learn more
· Are located in or willing to move to Tulsa
· Non local applicants are open to the possibility of falling in love with the city of Tulsa, and living here beyond the course of the Atenternship.
· Work with the upmost levels of integrity and respect of the ideas and opinions of others
· Have an entrepreneurial mindset, and are both self-motivated and a self-starter but also can work on teams across lines of difference
· Are ready to be a key influencer in the community’s growth and expansion and are ready to deepen your understanding of the needs within the local landscape
· Have exceptional analytical and communication skills (both orally and in writing) and can adjust according to the needs of your audience
· Pay attention to details, small nuances aren’t lost on you and you can balance multiple competing priorities at once
· Are comfortable using multiple work platforms such as office 365, G Suite, and Slack, have a quick response time and know when to ask for support
· Can give and receive constructive feedback and know that feedback is in the name of improvement towards company goals
· Are dedicated to and invested in (maybe a little obsessed with) the growth of Tulsa and its community!
Who we are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
As a venture capital organization, our Investments and Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns within the city of Tulsa. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and economic development programming—all with a strong lens towards diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hardworking entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about venture capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
· Current student/recent graduate at an accredited university
· Eligible to work in the US
· Most candidates must work from Tulsa
· Have a flexible schedule able to work up to 40 hours per week including some evenings and weekends for networking engagements
Atento COVID-19 Policy:
Atento requires all employees entering all Atento offices, traveling on behalf of Atento or participating in any in-person interaction on behalf of Atento to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This vaccine requirement is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act exceptions.