Who We Are:
Atento is more thanjust our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day,living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team ofAtentans that is incredibly passionate about what we do in our local Tulsacommunity. Tulsa is a hidden gem in the heartland and a growing destination forentrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent. Tulsa’s thrivingcommunities, culture, and entrepreneurial spirit have built a city thatembraces inclusion and champions big ideas. As a Venture Capitalorganization, we are inspired by the trajectory of the city. Our Investmentsand Economic Development teams work closely together to drive growth andreturns. We invest in funds, nonlocal and local directs, and economicdevelopment programming, all with a strong lens towards diversity and a strongimpact in Tulsa. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneouslycreating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community.We are committed to initiatives, interactions, and opportunities that are at theheart of our collective mission of cultivating a more vibrant and inclusiveTulsa. Using our community connections, deep commitment toentrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hardworking entrepreneurs and help them build their companies here in Tulsa. If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environmentwhere you will learn oodles about Venture Capital while driving revolutionaryentrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
Who You Are:
You are a driven,hard-working Atentern ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace thatembraces all things tech-chic to its core. As an Atentern, you are a key driverof your team’s success, furthering Atento’s mission of driving inclusiveeconomic growth to the city of Tulsa. Whether you are on the Investments,Economic Development, or Recruitment team or working with an Atento portfoliocompany, your manager depends on you to take initiative on special projects andcritical tasks. You are committed to the Atento philosophy and are eager tocommunicate with all of the stakeholders in our community. Yep, that’s right,you’ll get to meet with many of the brilliant minds behind the up-and-comingTulsa tech ecosystem. At Atento, we strive to have the greatest positive impactwith the capital we allocate. You are both supportive in the implementation ofthis vision and additive in the ideation process. So, yeah, you are a creativeself-starter and have impressive critical thinking skills. And it goes withoutsaying, you are intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic. You prideyourself on your interpersonal skills and love being a sponge to knowledge.Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no taskis too large or too small. You must be ready to succeed in a fast-pacedenvironment with a mix of structure and ambiguity.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- Fall Session (Mid August - Mid November)
- Spring Session (January - Mid May)
- $15/hr for current students
- $20/hr for young professionals with BA or equivalent
Our Ideal Atentern:
- Undergraduate student or recent graduate
- Passion for Atento’s mission of investing in diverse and inclusive job creation opportunities
- A team player with insatiable curiosity, fiercely collaborative, and comfortable working in ambiguity
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and G Suite (Slack and Canva are a plus)
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a good attitude
- Possess high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
Grow with Atento. Our Promise to You:
- You will gain expertise in venture capital investments, entrepreneurial development, startup and corporate recruitment, and business management/operations.
- You will learn from and be mentored by both successful entrepreneurs and investors
- We’re flexible, and we want you to be flexible, in both schedule and work style. We are not a remote company. We value in-person collaboration as much as possible. However, in a post-COVID world, we value safety above all else, and structure office spaces and schedules accordingly.
- You will be exposed to economic development and philanthropic work alongside one of the largest philanthropic organizations in the world.
- And, of course, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits.
Quotes from Our Past Atenterns:
“Being at Atento changed my life!”
“Atento Capital allows me to bring my full self to work every day, and I always know that I’m adding real value to multiple branches of the company.”
“Atento offers you lots of freedom to take initiative and pursue the work that is most interesting to you. It’s so different from a traditional corporate setting in the best way! ”
“They not only are genuinely invested in my personal and professional growth, but they also are the best kind of people. No one else matches their conviction that we don’t rise unless we rise together.”