Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans that is incredibly passionate about what we do in our local Tulsa community. c We strongly believe in investing through the lens of diversity and believe inclusive investing will have the greatest impact in Tulsa. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. We are committed to initiatives, interactions, and opportunities that are at the heart of our collective mission of cultivating a more vibrant and inclusive Tulsa. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hard working entrepreneurs and help them build their companies here in Tulsa. If you are excited about applying the highest industry standards of rigor to the research, diligence, and investment process, to create tremendous value for our investment partner that will be reinvested in the community through initiatives that are at the heart of our collective mission, we want to meet you.
Who You Are:
You are a driven, hard-working Atentan ready to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As an Investment Associate, you are critical to the execution of Atento Capital’s mission of generating above market risk adjusted returns while driving inclusive economic growth to the city of Tulsa. You are committed to the Atento philosophy and are eager to communicate our value proposition to all stakeholders. You will handle much of the diligence work and performance reporting related to our investment activity and programmatic activity. Yep, that’s right, you’ll be spending a lot of time in the weeds, but don’t worry – you won’t be totally stuck behind the screen! We view you as an ambassador for Atento and for Tulsa, and we are excited for you to use your amazing interpersonal skills to help manage relationships both internally and externally. We expect you to represent our values both on and off the court (even when then court is virtual). At Atento, we strive to have the greatest positive impact with the capital we allocate. You are both supportive in the implementation of this vision and additive in the ideation process. So, yeah, you are a creative self-starter and have impressive critical thinking skills. And it goes without saying, you are intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic. Our perfect candidate has an equal balance of quantitative and qualitative analysis skills, and soft skills are of the up most importance. Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no task is too large or too small. You must be ready to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a mix of structure and ambiguity.
The Nuts and Bolts:
What you’ll be doing – Quantitative
- Market research
- Competitive analysis
- Business model analysis
- Financial modeling within Excel
- Fund modeling within Excel
- Investment memo writing and presentation
- Performance reporting – manage quarterly reporting process
What you’ll be doing – Qualitative:
- Network with fund managers and founders and field early diligence questions
- Communicate the value proposition and mission of Atento Capital
- Collaborate with stakeholders within the local ecosystem to drive maximal value
- Be a team player and comfortable working with ambiguity
- Manage internal and external relationships by scheduling meetings in a reliable and punctual manner
Our Ideal Atentan:
- Undergraduate degree in Finance or General Business with graduate degree preferred
- 0-4 years of experience in investment banking, management consulting, financial planning and analysis, investor relations, sell-side research, or buy-side analysis.
- Superior proficiency with Excel
- Strong time-management and organizational skills
- Able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a good attitude
- Possess high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
Grow with Atento. Our Promise to You:
- You will gain expertise in venture capital deals, both fund and direct investments.
- You will learn how to structure deals with fund managers and with startups raising pre-seed to series B rounds.
- You will gain the experience in fund-of-fund investing and develop an extensive network within the venture community.
- You will learn from and be mentored by both successful entrepreneurs and investors
- We’re flexible, and we want you to be flexible, in both schedule and work style. We are not a remote company. We value in-person as much as possible but in a post-COVID world, we value safety above all else.
- You will be exposed to economic development and philanthropic work alongside one of the largest philanthropic organizations in the world
- And, of course, we offer highly competitive compensation and benefits