Title: Atentern, Receptionist
Status: Temporary intern, non-exempt, non-benefits eligible
Reporting to: Operations Administrator
Who you are:
As our ideal Atentern, you are driven, hard-working, and ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace that embraces all things tech to its core. As an Atentern, you will be most responsible for greeting guests in the reception area, coordinating the preparation and set up for our guests visiting Atento offices and ensuring that we can continue fulfilling our mission of driving inclusive economic growth to the city of Tulsa. You will be the person that supports in ensuring both company facilities and corporate housing are cleaned, staged, stocked, and ready for arrival. Your role is vital as you’ll become an expert in our Atento housing, our building inventory and our guest’s experience.
You will support our vision of having the greatest positive impact with the capital we allocate through unique ideas and/or through a personal project you’re passionate about. And, it goes without saying, you are intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic. You pride yourself on your interpersonal skills, fast response time, and love organizing and setting up a great environment. Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no task is too large or too small. You must be ready to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a mix of structure and ambiguity.
The Nuts and Bolts
- You’ll be the first face that guests see when they visit Atento, creating a warm, welcoming atmosphere for all
- You’ll maintain the reception area and visitor tracking system, greeting staff, clients, and guests
- You’re hard working and understand the importance of tracking, organizing, and quick responses
- You’ll be responsible for keeping and tracking inventory in our corporate housing and company facilities
- You’ll be the point of contact for all utilities bill pay and in unit access
- You’ll be available to immediately report building/maintenance issues to the building managers
- You’ll be available after hours to respond to emergency lock out support
- You’ll be able to educate guests and team members on corporate housing and office procedures i.e. supplies, trash disposal, and move out procedures
- You’ll ensure that our Operations team knows what items to order and restock so you can keep the all our facilities fully stocked
- You’ll work directly with our Operations team to ensure proper scheduling or troubleshooting for all facility move outs, cleaning, systems operations, and set up for incoming guests and events
- You’ll arrange for inclement weather preparation and clean up for our facilities
- You’ll meet with our guests to coordinate key distribution and return and move in/move out processes
- You enjoy supporting all team members such as the Director of Operations to help with other duties as needed, at times outside the front desk coordination requirements
- $15/hr for high school graduates
- $18/hr for those currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
- $22/hr for young professionals with BA or equivalent
- $27/hr for those currently enrolled in a Master's program
As Our Ideal Atentern:
- You have proven your ability to react and respond quickly
- You can move inventory and set up furnishings as needed
- You can safely lift up to 40 pounds without assistance
- You can spend large amounts of your time sitting, standing, or walking
- You must love interacting with others and can respond politely in high stress situations
- You pay attention to detail and bring precision/accuracy in your work.
- You care deeply about creating upward mobility for traditionally under-invested groups while still providing above-market financial returns
- You possess high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
- You are insatiably curious, fiercely collaborative, and comfortable working in ambiguity
- You have strong time-management and organizational skills
- You are a team player able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a good attitude
- You’re an undergraduate student or recent graduate with a highly flexible schedule
- You are proficiency with G Suite for communication and tracking
- You have a passion for Atento’s mission of investing in diverse and inclusive job creation opportunities
- You’re based in Tulsa, OK
- You’re available to work in a full time capacity (at least 40 hours/week) with flexible hours outside of normal business hours and including weekends and late evenings
- You can walk and/or drive to various in-town locations
- You can use your personal vehicle to transport guests and equipment
Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
As a venture capital organization, our Investments and Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns across the city of Tulsa and NWA. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and economic development programming—all with a strong lens towards diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa and NWA, we invest in hardworking entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about venture capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
Grow with Atento. Our Promise to You:
- You will have exposure to venture capital investments, entrepreneurial development, and business management/operations.
- We’re flexible, and we want you to be flexible, in both schedule and work style. We value in-person collaboration as much as possible and value safety above all else so we’ve structured office spaces and schedules accordingly.
- You will be exposed to economic development and philanthropic work.
Atento COVID-19 Policy:
Atento requires all employees entering all Atento offices, traveling on behalf of Atento or participating in any in-person interaction on behalf of Atento to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This vaccine requirement is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act exceptions.