Title: Atentern, Operations
Location: Tulsa, OK
Status: Temporary, non-exempt, up to 40 hours per week
Reporting to: Director of Operations
Who You Are:
You are a driven, hard-working Atentern ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace that embraces all things tech-chic to its core. As an Atentern, you are a key driver of your team’s success, furthering Atento’s mission of driving inclusive economic growth across Tulsa and Northwest Arkansas. Both your sub team and your Atentanager depend on you to take initiative on special projects and critical tasks. You are committed to the Atento philosophy and are eager to communicate with all the stakeholders in our community. Yep, that’s right, you’ll get to meet with many of the brilliant minds behind the up-and-coming Tulsa and NWA tech ecosystems. At Atento, we strive to have the greatest positive impact with the capital we allocate; you are both supportive in the implementation of this vision and additive in the ideation process. This means you’re a creative self-starter and have impressive critical thinking skills. It goes without saying, you’re intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic; you pride yourself on your interpersonal skills and love being a sponge to knowledge. Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no task is too large or too small – you must be ready to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a mix of structure and ambiguity.
The Nuts and Bolts
- You work collaboratively with your Atentanager and the operations team assisting them with daily tasks, assigned responsibilities or special projects
- You manage the notation, tracking, and accountability across operations team meetings using various digital tools and platforms
- You maintain utmost confidentiality in all aspects, thoughtfully considering how to be proactive in communications
- You’ll use your Microsoft office expertise to quickly maneuver data to create and design spreadsheets from scratch, generate pivot tables, or construct efficient processes
- You’ll create a variety of operations materials or data quickly with guidance from your Atentanager
- You’ll always communicate with kindness, respect, and sensitivity with all internal and external stakeholders
- You will be an expert in customer service and defusing high stress situations with creative solutions
- $15/hr for high school graduates
- $18/hr for those currently enrolled in an undergraduate program
- $22/hr for young professionals with BA or equivalent
- $27/hr for those currently enrolled in a Master's program
Our Ideal Atentern:
- Is an undergraduate student or recent graduate
- Has a passion for Atento’s mission of investing in diverse and inclusive job creation opportunities
- Is a team player with insatiable curiosity, fiercely collaborative, and comfortable working in ambiguity
- Is highly organized and know how to operate at your peak efficiency
- Is proficient with Microsoft Office and G Suite (Slack and Canva are a plus)
- Has strong time-management and organizational skills
- Is able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a good attitude
- Possess high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
- Can manage a flexible work schedule (up to 40 hours/week) including some nights and weekends
- Has reliable transportation and is comfortable driving in the evenings and potentially to multiple locations in one day
Grow with Atento. Our Promise to You:
- You will gain expertise in venture capital investments, entrepreneurial development, startup and corporate recruitment, and business management/operations.
- You will learn from and be mentored by both successful entrepreneurs and investors
- We’re flexible, and we want you to be flexible, in both schedule and work style. We are not a remote company. We value in-person collaboration as much as possible. However, in a post-COVID world, we value safety above all else, and structure office spaces and schedules accordingly.
- You will be exposed to economic development and philanthropic work alongside one of the largest philanthropic organizations in the world.
Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans that is incredibly passionate about what we do in our local Tulsa and NWA communities. This region is a hidden gem in the heartland and a growing destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent. Tulsa and NWA’s thriving communities, culture, and entrepreneurial spirit built a region that embraces inclusion and champions big ideas.
As a Venture Capital organization, we are inspired by the trajectory of region. Our Investments and Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns. We invest in funds, nonlocal and local directs, and economic development programming, all with a strong lens towards diversity and a strong impact across Tulsa and NWA. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. We are committed to initiatives, interactions, and opportunities that are at the heart of our collective mission of cultivating a more vibrant and inclusive ecosystem. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa and NWA, we invest in hardworking entrepreneurs and help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about Venture Capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
Quotes from Our Past Atenterns:
“Being at Atento changed my life!”
“Atento Capital allows me to bring my full self to work every day, and I always know that I’m adding real value to multiple branches of the company.”
“Atento offers you lots of freedom to take initiative and pursue the work that is most interesting to you. It’s so different from a traditional corporate setting in the best way! ”
“They not only are genuinely invested in my personal and professional growth, but they also are the best kind of people. No one else matches their conviction that we don’t rise unless we rise together.”
Atento COVID-19 Policy:
Atento requires all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This vaccine requirement is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act exceptions.