Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
As a venture capital organization, our Investments and Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns within the city of Tulsa. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and economic development programming—all with a strong lens towards diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hardworking entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about venture capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
In this role you are:
As our ideal Atentern, you are driven, hard-working, and ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace that embraces all things tech to its core. You will work closely with the Entrepreneur Engagement Manager to facilitate the best experiences for our Atentans and Atenterns so much so that they can operate at their best for Tulsa while promoting Tulsa to founders and investors as the best new home for their dreams through our celebratory, networking, promotional, and educational events throughout the summer. Your role is pivotal to sharing our love for Tulsa and Venture Capital with the community!
You will support our vision of having the greatest positive impact with the capital we allocate through unique ideas and/or through a personal project you’re passionate about. And, it goes without saying, you are intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic. You pride yourself on your interpersonal skills, fast response time, and love organizing and setting up a great environment. Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no task is too large or too small. You must be ready to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a mix of structure and ambiguity.
As the Atentern, Events you will:
- Expertly track event/itinerary communication, RSVP lists and responses, send event reminders
- Track and report out on event costs and budgets
- Be the key coordinator of on- and off-site events, meetings, and guest visits including but not limited to reserving venues, booking food and drink vendors, coordinating transportation, ensuring event security when needed, music, key note and guest speakers
- You’ll be the point of contact for day-of event execution for all associated vendors
- You’ll attend in-person Atento events as needed to execute on event set up and tear down, manage vendors, ensure adequate supplies, and as needed tasks related to event execution
- Use data to make strategic suggestions to increase social media engagement
- Special projects as needed by the Operations team
- $15/hr for current college students
- $20/hr for developing professionals with BA or equivalent
As Our Ideal Atentan you:
- Have strong familiarity of the venue/catering spaces across Tulsa
- Have excellent written and verbal communication
- Have a quick response time
- You can safely lift up to 40 pounds without assistance
- You can spend large amounts of your time standing or walking
- You must love interacting with others and can respond politely in high stress situations
- You care deeply about creating upward mobility for traditionally under-invested groups while still providing above-market financial returns
- You possess high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
- You are insatiably curious, fiercely collaborative, and comfortable working in ambiguity
- You pay attention to detail and bring precision/accuracy in your work.
- You have strong time-management and organizational skills
- You are a team player able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a good attitude
- You have the flexibility to work evenings and weekends to account for our event execution
- You can work at least 40 hours per week
- You can use your personal vehicle to transport guests and equipment