Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans incredibly passionate about what we do in our local community—a community we believe is a hidden gem and destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent.
As a venture capital organization, our Investments, Economic Development, or Operations teams work closely together to drive growth and returns within the city of Tulsa. Specifically, our investment focus lies on venture funds, non-local and local direct startups, and economic development programming—all with a strong lens towards diversity. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hardworking entrepreneurs and personally help them build their companies here.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about venture capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.
Who You Are:
As our ideal Atentern, you are driven, hard-working, and ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace that embraces all things tech to its core. As an Atentern, you will be most responsible for providing snapshots for the team’s financial health ensuring that we can continue fulfilling our mission of driving inclusive economic growth to the city of Tulsa. You will be the person that supports in ensuring team members are paid, books are balanced, and strong budgets are forecasted. Your role is vital as you’ll become an expert in financial reporting for the team and grow your knowledge while you’re with us.
You will support our vision of having the greatest positive impact with the capital we allocate through unique ideas and/or through a personal project you’re passionate about. And, it goes without saying, you are intellectually curious with a tremendous work ethic. You pride yourself on your interpersonal skills and love being a sponge to knowledge. Lastly, to be successful in this role, you must have the mentality that no task is too large or too small. You must be ready to succeed in a fast-paced environment with a mix of structure and ambiguity.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- You’re hard working and understand the importance of receiving, entering, approving, paying, and maintaining monthly invoices.
- You’ll be responsible for tracking corporate card expenses and expense reports as well as maintaining credit card receipts.
- You’ll show expert industry knowledge through your role of entering and coding ACH drafts.
- You’ll assist with budget preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- You’ll assist with monthly invoicing and receivables and managing the accounts payable inbox.
- You enjoy supporting all team members such as the Director of Operations to help with other duties as needed, at times outside the book-keeping function.
- $15/hr for current college students
- $20/hr for developing professionals with BA or equivalent
As Our Ideal Atentern:
- You have a strong academic background in related fields (Accounting, Finance, etc).
- You care deeply about creating upward mobility for traditionally under-invested groups while still providing above-market financial returns
- You possess high growth potential with a willingness to learn and grow
- You are insatiably curious, fiercely collaborative, and comfortable working in ambiguity
- You pay attention to detail and bring precision/accuracy in your work.
- You have strong time-management and organizational skills
- You are a team player able to juggle multiple projects and tasks with efficiency and a good attitude
- You’re an undergraduate student or recent graduate with 2+ years of bookkeeping experience (internships included).
- You are proficiency with Microsoft Office, G Suite, and bookkeeping systems like QuickBooks (Slack and Canva are a plus).
- You have a passion for Atento’s mission of investing in diverse and inclusive job creation opportunities.
- You’re based in Tulsa, OK.
- You’re availability to work in a full time capacity (at least 40 hours/week)
Grow with Atento. Our Promise to You:
- You will gain expertise in venture capital investments, entrepreneurial development, and business management/operations.
- We’re flexible, and we want you to be flexible, in both schedule and work style. We value in-person collaboration as much as possible and value safety above all else so we’ve structured office spaces and schedules accordingly.
- You will be exposed to economic development and philanthropic work.
Atento COVID-19 Policy:
Atento requires all employees entering all Atento offices, traveling on behalf of Atento or participating in any in-person interaction on behalf of Atento to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. This vaccine requirement is subject to the Americans with Disabilities Act and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act exceptions.