Who We Are:
Atento is more than just our name. It is who we are. Atento is the Spanish word for Helpful, and that is what we strive to be every day, living by the philosophy of “doing well by doing good.” We are a small team of Atentans that is incredibly passionate about what we do in our local Tulsa community. Tulsa is a hidden gem in the heartland and a growing destination for entrepreneurs, the tech community, and top talent. Tulsa’s thriving communities, culture, and entrepreneurial spirit have built a city that embraces inclusion and champions big ideas. As a Venture Capital organization, we are inspired by the trajectory of the city. Our Investments and Economic Development teams work closely together to drive growth and returns. We invest in funds, nonlocal and local directs, and economic development programming, all with a strong lens towards diversity and a strong impact in Tulsa. We seek to maximize our impact on others while simultaneously creating tremendous value for our investment partners, founders, and community. We are committed to initiatives, interactions, and opportunities that are at the heart of our collective mission of cultivating a more vibrant and inclusive Tulsa. Using our community connections, deep commitment to entrepreneurship, and vision to scale technology in Tulsa, we invest in hard working entrepreneurs and help them build their companies here in Tulsa.
Who You Are:
You are a driven, hard-working Atentan ready to thrive in an ever-changing workplace that embraces all things tech-chic to its core. As an Atentan, you will be most responsible for providing snapshots for the team’s financial health ensuring that we can continue fulfilling our mission of driving inclusive economic growth to the city of Tulsa. You are the person that ensures team members are paid, books are balanced, and strong budgets are forecasted. Your role is vital as you’ll initially be responsible for all financial reporting for the team, but we hope you also have the ambition to grow from a bookkeeper to head of finance throughout your journey here. Ultimately, we really do believe you’ll become the master of trade during your time at Atento. Outside of your responsibilities, we aspire that you, along with the rest of our team members, are always looking to grow and take on new challenges to be the best version of themselves.
The Nuts and Bolts:
What You Will Do:
- You are someone who is hard working and understands the importance of receiving, entering, approving, paying, and maintaining monthly invoices.
- You’ll be responsible for tracking corporate card expenses and expense reports as well as maintaining credit card receipts.
- You’ll show expert industry knowledge through your role of entering and coding ACH drafts.
- You’ll assist with tax information and the budget preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements.
- You’ll assist with investment reporting, compiling quarterly updates.
- You’ll assist with monthly invoicing and receivables as well as with maintaining employee files for payroll.
- You enjoy supporting all team members such as the Director of Operations to help with other duties as needed, at times outside the book-keeping function.
- $50k-$55k per annum
- Competitive Benefits package
Our Ideal Atentan:
- You bring 2+ years of bookkeeping experience (internships included) and even can be directly out of college.
- You are someone with a strong academic background in related fields (Accounting, Finance, etc).
- You love being a team player and also thrive performing individual tasks/projects all while maintaining a high level of accountability.
- You have strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
- You bring a positive attitude and enjoy problem solving in a collaborative environment.
- You are flexible in function, able to do the small minutia as well as very large, high profile projects, executing both with equal ability.
- You value results and are action-oriented to truly thrive in our fast-paced work environment.
- You have impeccable attention to detail and bring precision/accuracy in your work.
- Your background showcases strong technical skills in the Microsoft Office System (Word, Outlook, Excel) and bookkeeping systems like QuickBooks.
- You can confidently make strategic decisions and are someone with strong judgement.
- Most importantly, you are interested in personal growth and upward mobility at Atento.
If you are excited about working in a fast-paced, startup-esque environment where you will learn oodles about Venture Capital while driving revolutionary entrepreneurial development in a burgeoning tech hub, we want to meet you.